To encourage bricklaying apprentice sign ups in 2012, ABBTF is offering a special one off incentive to employers of new bricklaying apprentices in New South Wales.
This $1,000 bonus will apply to bricklaying apprentices who have been officially signed on (by an Australian Apprenticeship Centre) between the 1st of January to the 30th of June 2012. The cut-off date has been extended from April to June to enable more employers to benefit from the current bonus.
We believe employers need additional support during this period of low building activity. An apprentice commencing now will be a very valuable employee in a few years when he/she is trained and productive.
This will be when the market recovers and the building industry will need skilled bricklayers.
The following conditions of the Brickstart Bonus will apply:
- This incentive will apply to new bricklaying apprentices only who have been signed on between the 1st of January to the 30th of June 2012
- The $1,000 (excl. GST) bonus will be paid to the employer at the end of 1st year of employment
- All employers must register their bricklaying apprentices for wages support with ABBTF within 30 days of the closing date.
- Group Training Companies will be offered the choice of passing on the bonus as they see fit or utilising the incentive directly
- The $1,000 “Brickstart” Bonus will be paid in addition to other ABBTF wages support incentives and any other Government incentives.
To register for this incentive call ABBTF on 1300 66 44 96 or 02 9540 1666
< Return to Newsletter