$7,000…That’s what you’ll receive for taking on a new bricklaying apprentice!
- Currently the Federal Government is offering $4,000 in support to employers of new apprentices.
- On top of that, ABBTF is providing an additional $3,000 Brickstart Subsidy – specifically for employers of bricklaying apprentices.
If you choose to employ a bricklaying apprentice through a registered GTO, you will still qualify for ABBTF’s Brickstart Subsidy.
Terms and Conditions for ABBTF Subsidies
- Must register with ABBTF within 3 months of the apprentice commencement.
- The apprentice must be employed under the National Employment & Training Contract and you agree to abide by the required terms and conditions.
- The apprentice must be provided with a weekly pay slip showing the following: Gross income, tax and nett income, accrued sick leave and annual holiday leave.
- Provide the apprentice with written/printed proof quarterly on company and employee superannuation contributions.
- Ensure the apprentice attends off-site training at TAFE or an approved RTO and achieves satisfactory results for their year level.
- Give the apprentice the specified training time as per the National Employment and Training Contract including trowel time and training on the job to ensure the apprentice is deemed competent by their TAFE/RTO.
- Teach the apprentice the skills of labouring, but do not use the apprentice as a labourer.